SUPWA is the State Association for Stand Up Paddle in Western Australia. Be part of a fantastic community of paddlers that are keen to share ideas, try gear and have fun!
Member benefits are:
- Personal accident insurance
- Discounted entry fees to events
- Highly collectible SUPWA sticker
- SUPWA/SWA discount card for retail discounts.
- Eligible to enter SUP State and National events.
SUPWA organize Super Pod demo days – BBQ fun days to get the family down and try different boards. And they run 5 major events over the year:
- The Bridge the Bank Teams Challenge – a Mixed teams relay race over 15km
- The SUP5000 – a sprint series over 2000m, 1500m, 1000m and 500m over a flat water course
- The Starboard Black Blade State SUP Sprint Championships – a flat-water sprint championship held on at Champion Lakes Rowing Centre over 200m, 500m and 2000m
- The King of the Cut State SUP Downwinder Championships – held offshore from Dawesville Cut to Singleton Beach over 20km
- The Flat-water Marathon State SUP Championships – held on the upper Swan River over 10km and 20km
SUPWA are also involved with Surfing WA to run the Surf series. This is a 3 event series for SUP surfing and Technical Racing.
SUPWA further assists in supporting local events that have SUP races incorporated:
- The Mandurah Duel
- The Avon Challenge
- The Classic Paddle
- The Bay 2 Beach
- The Whalebone
- The Cott to Swanbourne Race
Join and find out more information from the SUPWA website here.
Stand Up Surf Shop are proud supporters and sponsors of SUPWA.