A 5’6 kids SUP designed specifically for smaller groms who want to learn to SUP in flat water and then move into catching waves. For learning, it has a wider nose and large area for stability. Then to help progress into the surf, it has a three-fin thruster with a pulled in tail to let the board turn easily.
For safety, the boards have a 3ml soft EVA crocodile skin deck grip and thick rubber rubber stoppers on either end. There’s also an off centre handle to help small arms carry the board.
Every Little Rippas Kids SUP comes with:
- a set of fins – 3 x plastic thruster fins with an FCSII plug system
- a legrope – 7ml cord and rail saver
- an adjustable paddle – designed to suit any child’s height plus a small handle for little hands.
The Little Rippas boards are designed and tested by Justin “Frotha” Holland, a dad of two kids, big wave tow surfer and professional SUP surfer. The construction includes:
- Lightweight and durable fused cell EPS foam blank
- Two 5ml plywood stringers for extra strength
- Wrapped in 2 x 6oz single layer fibreglass shells
- Thin bamboo laminate on the deck to add strength.