A kids SUP designed specifically for kids to learn on flat water and start shredding in the waves. The whale froth is slightly bigger than the Jelly Froth, so suits a slightly bigger grom. It’s best suited to 30-50kg, but could suit a child up to 75kgs.
To enhance stability, it has the widest point directly below the standing position. To help progress into the surf, the three-fin thruster set up and traditional surf outline helps the board turn easily.
The boards are also small and light so that kids can carry them to the beach by themselves. The handle is off centre to make it easier for little arms to reach.
For safety, the boards have a 3ml soft EVA crocodile skin deck grip and thick rubber stoppers on either end.
The Little Rippas kids SUP are designed by Justin “Frotha” Holland, a dad of two kids, big wave tow surfer and professional SUP surfer.
Every Little Rippas Kids SUP comes with:
- a set of fins – 3 x plastic thruster fins
- a legrope – 7ml cord and rail saver
- an adjustable paddle to suit any child’s height plus small handle for little hands.
The Whale Froth construction includes:
- FCSII plug system to allow for multi-use fins
- Lightweight and durable fused cell EPS foam blank
- Two 5ml plywood stringers for extra strength
- Wrapped in 2 x 6oz single layer fibreglass shells
- Thin bamboo laminate on the deck to add more strength when kids are in the standing position