The AVIATOR is the do it all Foil Sup.
A high performance foil board suitable for Sup surfing, Wind winging Downwinding.
James Casey’s own development is pushing our collaborative limits all the time. The goal of the Aviator was clear. To do it all with one board.
– Because this is more of a Pro model we made the shape based on performance and not stability. (The standard foil surf shape is the go
to for stability) It has a pulled in nose and tail to help reduce the chance of catching edges when surfing and pushing less water on take
– The rails are big and fat to stop the rail catching and steering you on touchdowns.
– The rocker on this board is a little lower than previous models but the new shape deck allows the nose to smoothly go under water if it
needs to and flow back out without pushing a heap of water.
– Staring at the nose we have a very round bottom which quickly flows into quad concave with the outer points of concaves higher than
the inside (almost like 4 vee concaves) causing water to flow and release off the lower points for a very smooth transition from being in
the water to foiling with no huge speed jump like a flat bottom board does when the whole thing separates at the same time. The back
third has the Box area which has been set to the correct angle to the standing area so the board around it can have some rocker. The tail
has a huge vee so when you’re pumping downwind and catch a bit of chop on the tail it doesn’t become an instant hand brake. The water
just sprays off to the sides.
– We have a concave deck to get the rider as close to the foil as possible while maintaining volume needed. It’s a soft concave without any
drastic edges so it doesn’t trap water on the deck after takeoff.